Be alright....

Tuesday, December 01, 2015 Syahirah Skylar 10 Comments

                                                 
Hello there readers!

       Today's post is gonna be a little different than my previous post.  In this post i would like to share a so call poem  that i had written a while back in 2013.  I wrote this poem to an online friend who was going through depression and started self harming.  I am aware that there are many people out there who is suffering from this and become suicidal.  I may not completely understand of what they are going through but at least i know what is like to be depress.  
       
       I have my own depression times where i just feel like i am a useless human being and that i am a loser and just not good enough.  I do once wished that it is better that i do not exist, if all i'm going to be is a burden to my mum.  I've had that state in my life and it does keep occurring to me from time to time.  However, I try my best to distract myself and diverge my thoughts into other things to avoid it from effecting me badly whenever the feeling and dark thoughts occur to me.  There are times where i just sat on the bathroom floor and just let the water pouring on me while i cry my heart out.  I find that it is a good way to let out my emotions by pouring it all out through my tears.  The water from the shower that was pouring on me seem to calm me since i like to swim and i really love being in the water.  All i'm saying is that it is okay to cry...than bottled up the emotion cause it will end up being a poison to your soul. 

       Now, i know that my depression does not effect me as badly as it does to a lot of other people who are suffering from it.  Some may have been suffering from it in years.  Depression is a mental disorder and it is a serious matter but unfortunately some people are not that aware about this and  how serious and badly it can effects people. 

       Anyway, I hope you would enjoy reading the so call poem. I know i'm not a poet and that i'm not as good in literature as Shakespeare....but i do enjoy pouring my thoughts and feelings paper.


I hope you will be alright,
Do not harm yourself tonight,
All the things you have to cope,
I pray that you will never lose hope,

I may not be your saviour,
But please do me one favour,
Put down the razor blade,
Let the scars heal and fade,

The world may seem darkness,
Life may fill with sadness,
Hope you will find the light,
That could make you smiling bright,

Sorrow may fill your heart,
Do not let it tears you apart,
Hold on to your tears,
May your heart fills with cheers,
                                                                                  
                                                                                -Syahirah Skylar

       So, this is the new edited version of the poem that i wrote. It is the first poem that i'm satisfied with. I would like to dedicate this poem to each and everyone of you who are going through depression and also to those who are going through a tough time in life.  Never lose hope. Whatever you are going through, you can get through it. I believe in you.


       Ps. If you like me to post some more poems...let me know in the comments below.



-Luminary Skylar




10 comments:

  1. i love your poem very much, you are so talented!! <3 and i hope you post some more poems ;))
    btw may i know what is your age?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much ^_^ i'm glad that you love it. I am 18 by the way :)

      Delete
  2. talented. bestnyaaa poem awaaa. post banyak2 lagi k?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ^_^ I'm glad you like it....inshaAllah i will post more soon :)

      Delete
  3. I also pernah rasa macam mana yg awak buat. menangis... rasa useless... T.T

    and aku ada kawan yang depression sampai selalu nak cederakan diri sendiri. Your poem ingatkan aku dekat dia ;(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwh....thats sad to hear...i hope your friend is doing alright. Stay strong both of you. Whatever you both are going through...you both can get through it. Find that inner strength of yours. I believe in you. Stay positive :)

      Delete
  4. First of all when I "intrude" your blog , I really like your header . It's like a breath taking places . It's NY right ? haha . Alright what is my first thought of reading this poet of yours . When I read your every inch and detail of your poem , well it reminds me of this anime , it's called " 5 centimetr per second or in japanese called "Byosoku 5 centimeter" but your version more to people . If I look at the words that saying

    "The world may seem darkness, Life may fill with sadness, Hope you will find the light, That could make you smiling bright,"

    I said wow that such a good work of put this emotions ( Bravo ) , Like in an anime itself they're mention about love , " how desperate they're to find those light but how to get that " afford and progression . I really like your poem , hope that this word or your experienced can be shared to the "WORLD" Thumbs up :D from ( Syamsid Blog )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, thats interesting to know that it reminds you of an anime. I don't watch anime much...but i use to love watching Nodame Contabille and K-on when it was on animax. Now my mum had unsubscribed animax...so i can't watch other anime. I really appreciate your compliment on my header :) and i am glad that you like my poem. It means a lot to me when someone like my work and this poem is kinda special to me.

      The main purpose of this blog is to share stuff and hopefully inspire people too. That is sorta my dream hahaha...to be able to inspire people from all over the world. Anyway, Thank you for commenting :)

      Delete
  5. Nice poem. Good message. Wonderful :)

    ReplyDelete